Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

I have a Toshiba MK6465GSX disk that need to be repaired.

Customer Question

I have a Toshiba MK6465GSX disk that need to be repaired. I need help to do that.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Laptop Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: That is about it. They just tell me not to use my computer until it is fixed. Said it could cause a crash and I'd lose everything.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Laptop Technician should know?
Customer: I can't thing at the moment. Maybe something will come up as we go along. Sorry if I'm not much help.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Laptop Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you tell me please the actual issue you are having with the disk please? Are you getting specific errors?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am not very computer literate so hopefully I'll be able to help you. I keep getting a message that says the above disk need to be repaired or replaced. They only told how to back it up. So I'm not sure what the actual issue is. No explanation of what is wrong or what is going on. It also said not to use the laptop until the disk is taken care of.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Ok, a lot of these messages can be fake programs trying to trick you to buy something.Where exactly do you see the message, and is the computer still functioning ok? I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you. Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse. I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps. Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong. If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me. Thanks, Richard
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Or I can call if you wish?