Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

How do I get mu HP laptop to recognize I have (and use) a

Customer Question

How do I get mu HP laptop to recognize I have (and use) a battery that is already installed. It says I have no battery and disconnecting power requires a reboot?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Byron replied 6 months ago.
Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. Is this a new battery that youjust installed?
Expert:  Byron replied 6 months ago.
Is that battery working now?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I bought this reconditioned unit from Best Buy. Software says it does not recognize a battery. As soon as I unplug it the laptop shuts down.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
When I click on the power icon in the bottom tray it says "No Battery is Detected".
Expert:  Byron replied 6 months ago.
Best Buy is one of my favourites too. HP laptops have hardware diagnostics.With the laptop off, power it on and immediately start tapping the Esc key.When the startup menu opens select F2 for Diagnostics.Select Battery if it's listed. If you don't see Battery, select Componentsand then select Battery.Run the tests on the battery to see if it passes. If the laptop wants tocondition the battery be aware that this can take several hours to complete.