Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop with windows 7 HP 64bit OS

Customer Question

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop with windows 7 HP 64bit OS and cannot get the windows updates to download. The last downloads were done in 2014. I have turned it off and on but that doesn't work.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  ComputEngineer replied 9 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.Do you get any error message? Or it just sits there? If you open a website, does it work? That's to verify you have internet. Thanks, John
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No error messages and internet is working
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am on a different computer from the one with the problem. I would prefer trouble shoot with messages back and forth.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am still waiting to hear your response.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am signing out since I have not heard from you.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.
Hello! My name is***** am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.It looks like the previous Expert is not available any more. I can continue assisting you.If you still require assistance, please check whether Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 has been installed. Click on the Windows Start button and then on Control Panel. In the Control Panel, click on System and Security. There click on System. When the System window opens, check the top section - Windows edition. Does it mention "Service Pack 1" there?I am awaiting your reply.Thanks,IT Miro
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
sorry but I have already solved the problem.