Kamil Anwar, Laptop Specialist Technician
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.

I tried to set up new Toshiba laptop 2/7/16 but got interrupted

Customer Question

I tried to set up new Toshiba laptop 2/7/16 but got interrupted and just getting back to it. I don't remember setting up password, but need password ***** get into it. Can I reset the password ***** my HP desktop? If not, can you help me get in to laptop without a password?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 5 months ago.
At the login screen, is it showing you an email address or is it a username?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Log in Screen is showing a second gmail address of***@******.*** (which is valid email address, but I never finished setting it up either because of the interruption); then it asks for the password, which I don not remember setting up. However, as stated in my question, I cannot go anywhere on the laptop till I have a valid password. Then I'm not sure I can finish setting up.
Please retry getting your extra $33 from my Access MC (5th3rd Bank has a new MC you can transfer funds to as you need them and enough funds are there now to get your balance of $33. But what about my problem of getting into finish setting up the laptop. Seems the biggest concern is getting money upfront but I still have a problem.
Yes, my supposedly free question is basically the same because I guess I was just taken advantage of at Office Depot. Their advertisement for the clearance laptop was they would set it up and transfer the Windows 10. they did not stand up to their advertisement; I hope this online service will uphold their end of the bargain.
Also, am I paying $38 for this one time question and then another $38 for the cheapest membership? I live on SS and cannot afford $38 twice. Please don't charge $38 a second time (as I don't have enough funds to cover a second charge.I prefer technicians to NOT takeover control of my new laptop. When my HP desktop was new, I had problems and allowed their technicians and they not only messed it up so it had to be sent back for repair, but they also deleted some of my Office 10 files and I keep running into parts of it that I cannot complete because of them taking over control of laptop and messing it up. Sorry, but if we cannot get this solved over the emails, then I guess it won't be solved. But if we don't solve the problem I will probably have to take it back to Office Depot and pay them and if that happens, I would hope I would get a refund of the $38. Thank you.
Beatrice Shaffer
From a computer, you have access to: ***** ***** and click on reset password, type this email as the email address,***@******.*** and request a reset. Then login to your gmail account and follow instructions to reset password ***** Microsoft. Once done, you will be able to login (if not, let me know).
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I thought your solution sounded fairly simple, but ran into problems immediately as clicking on just gave me a message "Page cannot be displayed" so I tried to bring it up myself and run into that Microsoft bought out Hotmail so you have to create and account with Microsoft and I decided this is just ridiculous to do all this and I know I will still have problems. It's just like I want to go to New Lebanon from Brookville (which is just 8 miles south of me, but I decide to drive clear up to Columbus, Ohio 75 miles north east and then take Rt. 70 back to general area and then go to New Lebanon. I think I will table this for now and go back to Office Depot and insist they stand up to the agreement of them installing the laptop (which is Windows 8) and then set up Windows 10. I've already paid for that, so I would hope you give me a refund of the $38 onto my Access MC. If I cannot get things accomplished with Office Depot, I am saving your emails and will get back with you for you to take over laptop and do the setup. Thank you for your time but this is just not the solution for my problem.
Thank you. I will look for the refund of $38 to my MC Access Account.Thank you, ***** *****
I sent you request for remote service, if you want me to connect remotely - this can be done only on a computer (if you have access to one). You can request refund by mailing***@******.*** if you want to request a refund.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
You tried to answer my question, but since the laptop was supposed to be set up and updated to Windows 10 by OfficDepot, and since it has ended up taking 3 hrs. to accomplish absolutely nothing, I intend on going to Ofc. Depot and ask them to so what they were supposed to do in the first place. I will still give you a good recommendation, but taking this much time to accomplish nothing is very hard on the nerves. I'm sure you know your stuff, but I've too bad of experiences allowing technical guys to take over access of computer. I will request a refund of the $38 but does that have to be done through mail service or can it be done by email? Thank you for your assistance. Sincerely, ***** *****
Has to be done via e-mail. You can mail them on***@******.***
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you Kamil Anwar for your service in trying to assist me to get into laptop without a password. I couldn't just go to hotmail and ask to reset password ***** suggested. I appreciate you informing me that I have to send email to***@******.*** to ask for refund.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I've been away from computers for week end. If the $38 I already paid would apply, I will consider your "Secure Remote Assistance, but I cannot afford another $39 on top of the $38 already paid and I accomplished nothing. Thank you. I see two other emails from you, so will check them out.
The remote access is an additional service for $26. We can continue here if you like.