Sandy, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been fixing computers since last 7 years

The problem I have is a laptop that won't start. When I attempt

Customer Question

The problem I have is a laptop that won't start. When I attempt to start the laptop I get a message saying "Preparing automatic repair" and then a black screen. The laptop uses Windows 8.1 and it is an Acer E 14. I cannot boot into safe mode. I want to recover all the files, firefox bookmarks and IE internet favourites from the laptop and for them all to be exactly how they were a few minutes before the problem occurred. Can you tell me if this is possible and if it is how I can do it?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Sandy replied 5 months ago.
Hi, I'm Sandy and I look forward to help you today with the best answer possible. I'm sorry about the issue.I will work with you until this gets fixed. This is a question and answer session. Please do not hesitate to reply back to me at the box given below. First of all, please follow these steps and tell me the outcome: Turn off the laptop.Disconnect the power cord.Now unplug the battery. You can turn it over to remove the battery.Hold down the power button on the laptop for 1 minute.Now, connect only power cord and restart it. Thank you, ***** *****
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have done what you said but it has not worked.
Expert:  Sandy replied 5 months ago.
Press the CTRL+ALT+DEL keys and then click/tap on the Power button at the bottom right corner, press and hold the Shift key, and click/tap on Restart.And then run Automatic Repair as shown under the link: Click Me If this does not wok, please choose System Restore there and choose the date it was working fine. Keep me posted. Thank you, ***** *****
Expert:  Sandy replied 5 months ago.
Please follow the steps provided and tell me the results. Thank you, ***** *****
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Please opt out of this question and allow a different expert to answer it