Russell H., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proud to have been getting computer technicalities into working order since 1988.

1: Tablet mode engages only occasionally, although I always

Customer Question

1: Tablet mode engages only occasionally, although I always have it set to stay on, and to
"Aske me before switching."
2: Sound volume can only be controlled from the media being played (i.e. a video), but not from the computer itself.
What's going on?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.The first problem could be a fault in the sensor that tells the tablet when the screen is at 360 degrees or fully doubled-back opened0.If so, it has either developed over time and needs repair, or is from-the-factory and justifies either that the Radius be returned to the vendor/store if it is that new and still within the return-exchange period, or else that it be repaired by Toshiba under warranty for free under Toshiba's 1-year warranty if it is within 1 year of original purchase date. The second problem... you need to find the volume control. Given that the Radius P55W ships with Windows 8.1, you - so I am informed - can find the volume control in the power button somehow. And also, look for the volume control in the normal place, inVolumeorChange System Volume. If this answers your question, please rate my answer. Thanks.