Viet - Laptop Tech
Viet - Laptop Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of laptop (and desktop) hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I've got an Acer Aspire 5950GJA: Sometimes things that you

Customer Question

I've got an Acer Aspire 5950G
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Laptop Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the touchpad doesn't work anymore.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Laptop Technician should know?
Customer: but you can dial the volume dial.....it just keeps at 100%
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Laptop Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Viet - Laptop Tech replied 7 months ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please press at the same time the two keys Fn and F7 in order to turn on / off the touchpad and check?- If that does not work, do you have windows XP, Vista, or 7 or 8 or 10?When did this issue first occur?If you connect a USB mouse to the laptop temporarily, does the USB mouse work on the laptop?Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
tried fn-f7, tried reinstall driver, still no luck, plug usb mouse in working. dial the volume button, it stays at 100% won't go down. I'm using Win7 and its a clean acer recovery. so everything is new.
Sorry, have you also installed the application called LaunchManager at the Acer website below:http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers, then select / enter the model Aspire 5951G (since it does not have the model 5950G listed), then select Operating System Windows 7 64-bit, then click on Application, then download / install the LaunchManager Application.; (If needed, shut down / restart the computer after installing it.)- If you have trouble, I can connect remotely to your computer and do these steps directly for you.Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
launchmanager is already installed on it. but no luck.,
Sorry, when you go to Device Manager, and in Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Mouse, do you see the touchpad item there?Is there any error item in Device Manager?- (To open Device Manager, click on Start\Control Panel\System and Security\System, then click on Device Manager option on the left.)Please let me know. Thank you.
Can you download and install the Synaptics touchpad driver at the website below and check?http://www.synaptics.com/resources#drivers; if needed, check in Device Manager and Mouse again in Control Panel.It looks like you are away, so I'm going offline for now also. When you are available, please reply back to continue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok, i will download and try now
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
hope it works
OK, let me know if there is any error or message installing the Synaptics driver software. Thank you.
When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,