Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

Bios password ***** an acer aspire e1-572

Customer Question

bios password ***** an acer aspire e1-572
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.
Hi Dean, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.Have you tried some online services which offer master passwords?Please try to enter a random password ***** three times in a row then tell me what you get on screen. Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
key50891938
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
are you still there
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.
So are you getting this error key or code after entering a random password ***** times in a row?If yes, please try to enter 45799318 as the password ***** let me know
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have tried that one
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.
Are you always getting the same key? or random error key?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the same key
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.
Can you please take a picture of your screen prompting for the password ***** the screen after entering 3 random passwords in a row then attach them here using the paper clip icon?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.
Can you please type ALL the text shown in the password *****? And in the resulting screen after entering the password ***** times?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm afraid to do that
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
you didn't answer my question so I'm not going to pay. if you charge me ill contest it
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.
I am very sorry but I cannot help you with this. Let me opt out so that other experts can assist you further.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
***@******.***
Expert:  Tim replied 8 months ago.
Dean, this has nothing to do with an actual password. This is a cmos battery failure. Cmos batter is dead and needs to be replaced, let me know if you want me to give you a call to explain.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't think its the cmos batterey because it keeps the clock in perfect time, ive had no error messages and it boots up off of the hdd every time. it gives the same key code.50891938 every time I try three times. I just don't think its the clock.thank you, Dean
Expert:  Tim replied 8 months ago.
How do you know the time is right, its right in the bios?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
to chat with you would cost me $39 and how did you connect to me to get that invoice? Everthing is working great ecept I cant get in to BIOS. How would I test the battery to see if your right. its sodered to the motherboard. I need a password.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm going to unhook all power from it over nite and see if it loses time ive disabled the auto clock set from windows
Expert:  Tim replied 8 months ago.
i didint get any invoice, have no idea what you are talking about. I came along after everyone else opted out. If the battery is soldiered on, it will need to be replaced via solidering, which sucks. Leaving it off does you no good.....that bios battery never charges.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
When I leave all power disconnected, the battery is the only thing keeping the clock time. I looked it up. I left off it all night and it kept perfect time. I need a password ***** BIOS.thank you, Dean
Expert:  Tim replied 8 months ago.
sounds right, in these cases its usually a CMOS battery. I'm afraid I can't help with the password. BUT resetting that soldiered battery WILL reset the password ***** nothing. Might be your only method, unless ytou see jump points near the CMOS battery.