Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware Support Specialist for more than 10 years

I'm searching ocr (optical character recognition)

Customer Question

I'm searching for free ocr (optical character recognition) software. Isn't this included with my hp envy 5660 printerÉ
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Laptop Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I'm transcribing a book. I've scanned multiple pages in, PDF format. I need to convert them to MS Word 2016.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Laptop Technician should know?
Customer: Using Windows 10.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Laptop Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Jess M. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.There is a free and widely used OCR software that works with most scanners. Here is the download link: will automatically prompt you to download and save the installer. This works on Windows only. I hope that helped.Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.Thank you!Best regards,Jess