Richard, Laptop Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Computers, Mobile devices and Networks

My laptop won't take my user login that I've had .

Customer Question

My laptop won't take my user login that I've had for years. It says failed login
JA: Sometimes laptop issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Laptop Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It's an old Toshiba Satellite M305-S4910. It says "The User Profile Service, Service failed logon. Then it says "User Profile cannot be loaded"
JA: Is there anything else the Laptop Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Laptop Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** help you with this.First, can you turn off the computerturn it on and keep tapping F8 until you get to a menu.Choose Safe Mode.This should get you into Windows in Safe Mode (you wont have internet but it is not needed for this).Once in, click Start, and type inSystem RestorePress enter and follow the onscreen instructions to perform a Restore from the last Restore point.Once completed, tell me if you can now start into Windows normally please.Thank you