Richard, Laptop Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Computers, Mobile devices and Networks
32989067

A glass of water spilled across my MacBook Air laptop and shut

Customer Question

a glass of water spilled across my MacBook Air laptop and shut it down. Is there a way to dry it out and will it still work afterwards???
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeWhether it turns on again Ron will depend on what damage has been done.What I advise you to do is put it in a bag of rice, completely immersed for 48 hours.This will suck out all moisture from the Macbook.Once 48 hours are over, then connect it and try to turn it on.If it still does not turn on, it will very likely be the motherboard and this would need replacing. These can be very expensive so get a offer first on the price to replace it before agreeing to it, as the cost can exceed purchasing a replacement. If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How can I rate the answer now if it is going to take me 2-days to find out if the solution actually does any good???
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
Your rating my service Ron, I cannot (no one) can guarantee it will work after doing this. The Macbook is not designed for water, I can only tell you the best chance you have of getting it working again which is the method I gave you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
At least tell me how can i open it up to get any excess water out???
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
you do not want to open it in this state, you cannot get to all the areas where the water will be, this is why I gave you the instructions with the rice, this method is the best way to get all water out, and that it will.