GeekGal
GeekGal, Laptop Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS Degree and 15+ years experience supporting both Mac and windows laptops
76665483

Can yahoo messenger be downloaded onto my toshiba chrome l

Customer Question

can yahoo messenger be downloaded onto my toshiba chrome laptop
Category: Laptop
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. Messenger is not avaialable for the Chrome Operating system which is used on Chromebooks. However, I have posted a link for you of several alternatives that will work on the Chrome Operating System. http://alternativeto.net/software/yahoo-messenger/?platform=chrome-osIf the information that I have provided has helped, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
I realize that my answer was not what you were hoping for but is an honest and accurate answer. Please don't "shoot the messenger" and not rate me or give me a poor rating because you don't like the answer. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Chrome Books use a different Operating System than Windows computers. Although there are many apps available for Chromebooks, Messenger is not one of them at this time. It is possible that at some point in the future they will develop a Chromebook Messenger App.