Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer

I have a Toshiba Satellite C55 with Windows 7 professional.I

Customer Question

I have a Toshiba Satellite C55 with Windows 7 professional.
I was trying to upload Windows 10, and was told to upload some other things first.
The computer shut off, and when I restarted it the Toshiba window came on but then a black screen came on telling me to load the Boot Media.
I tried loading the Back UP Discs (1 of 4) and it did not help.
I tried loading the Windows 7 Professional disk and it did not help.
I tried holding F12 down after/while turning on the computer with the Back Up Disc inserted, and got a screen that asked me what input I was using. I left it on the one that looked like multiple discs and hit setup. It took me to the Toshiba Setup Utility.
Nothing I did helped - the computer kept returning to the black screen that says to reboot and select proper Boot devise or insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key. Nothing seems to help.
I would be happy to just return the computer to its factory settings
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Shefin replied 6 months ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today. The issue seems to be with the hard drive of your computer. Computer cannot detect the hard drive. However, I suggest you try the recovery disc to reinstall the original operating system to your computer. If you do not have the recovery disc, please order one from Toshiba. Even if you purchase a new hard drive, you need to have a recovery disc in order to install Windows on your computer. If the issue persists even after trying recovery using recovery disc, please purchase a new hard drive to get the issue resolved. If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This was a non-answer. You simply asked me to call someone else. I am not happy with this answer and do not want to be charged another $41 and I do want my $5 refunded.