Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware Support Specialist for more than 10 years

My five-month-old laptop appears to be on strike this week.

Customer Question

My five-month-old laptop appears to be on strike this week. When I turn it on, it does go to the sign-on screen, but when I put the cursor in the box for my password & click on it, absolutely nothing happens. What's up with that?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
Hi Becca, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Is your laptop running Windows 7, 8 or 10?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Windows 10
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have had no problems with it to date
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information. In order to fix this issue, please boot your system into Safe Mode with Networking so that you can perform a System Restore.Here are the steps:Turn on the computer and wait for it to load the login screenThen at the bottom right corner of the screen, locate the Power icon and position your mouse pointer on the power iconPress and hold the SHIFT key while you select Power => RestartAfter your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 4 or F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode. Or if you'll need to use the Internet, select 5 or F5 for Safe Mode with Networking.Please tell me when you are in Safe Mode with Networking.Keep me posted.Jess
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Well, something crazy just happened and now it is working fine. It reminds me of all the times my kids fevers went away on the way to the doctor's office! Up and running--thanks!
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you Becca for updating! If you need further assistance anytime, please let me know. I will be happy to help.Best regards,Jess