michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Notebook and Handhelp support expertise
26798893

I have a Acer Aspire E 15 laptop,but when I plug the ac cord

Customer Question

I have a Acer Aspire E 15 laptop,but when I plug the ac cord into back of laptop the screen goes black! I unplug ac cord and the screen lights back up! Got any ideas why this is happing? Ray.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  michelleclive replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.When the screen goes blank try to press the Caps lock, Num lock or Scroll lock key and let me know if the light on the keyboard comes on and off.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I plugged the AC cord back in and the screen went blank, and an ***** *****ght came on next to blue "power on" button. I unplugged AC cord, the ***** *****ght went out and the screen lit up.
Do you have a volt meter?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes!
Check the voltage on the ac adapter output must provide 19V DC let me know how much you get.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It took awhile to find meter, I connected red lead to V Ohms mA, black lead to com., set DCV to 20 & got no reading over 3-4
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
So do you think the cord is bad?
No reading or high voltage output means the Ac adapter is electrically shortened dipole this can damage the laptop get a new ac adapter and it will work just fine.
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Feel free to ask or reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further. Thank you.