michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Notebook and Handhelp support expertise
26798893

Aspire v3 572g-7609 v15 I have no bootable device after start

Customer Question

Aspire v3 572g-7609 v15
I have no bootable device after start up logo , I have tried the suggested boot f2 then with f9, save changes but it did not work, says to contact support if this fails. My boyfriend took the usb disk for booting when he left so I do not have one. Now what can I try.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  michelleclive replied 9 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.can you tell me the exact screen you get for no bootable device. When do you get the error while loading windows start logo?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I was given these instructions after it locked up and iI powered down the back up hot the logo then the message in a black screen w icon of hard drive. if You receive the message “No bootable device - insert boot disk and press any key”, this can be due to incorrect BIOS settings on Windows 8 systems.Use the following steps to reset your BIOS settings to default.Completely shut down your computer.
Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press F2 for notebooks or Delete for desktops to enter the BIOS.
Press F9 and then Enter to load the default configuratiwon 8.1 theseare the instructions given to me to follow:
Press F10 and then Enter to save and exit.
If you are still experiencing a problem, please contact Acer support for further assistance..
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
That did not work I get the same screen and response
Did you reinstall windows os recently?Do you have data on this computer?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
SOrry my keypad jumped around. No there has been no changes, it will not boot
Did you reinstall windows operating system recently?Do you have data on this computer?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Yes all of my art files and work files are on it, two years worth
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No to the install or changes of operating system windows recently no way for you to connect to it
alright but i just wanted to know if the operating system has been updated upgraded or reinstalled as you stated in your question that your boyfriend took the usb disk for booting when he left so I do not have one.I just wanted to know if the operating system has not been reinstalled from a usb drive in that case you might be in a high risk of data loss.Try to get a bootable disk and boot the computer and check your data files. Then we can decide upon what to do next. OS reinstall or databackup needs to be done.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
How do I do a restore refresh or install. He is no longer alive to get the disk tried that.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ugh. Can I make one from another computer not mine? Does it have to be that one or at lleast same os
you have to let me know what windows os is has?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
8.1
In that case you will need a windows 8.1 disk which you can get it from a computer store and then you can run a windows repair or a install windows 8.1 parallel install and then you backup all your data on an external drive and then format the drive and reinstall windows fresh copy and restore you data after it.This is not an easy job need to be done very carefully as you cannot loose your data or else we could have ran windows repair using a windows disk.