Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

The s key on my Tohiba laptop keyboard only work if I press

Customer Question

The s key on my Tohiba laptop keyboard only work if I press heavily on it. What do I do?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Tim replied 8 months ago.
Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my VERY BEST to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call. In addition, with any positive rating I will support your question going forward for free.
Expert:  Tim replied 8 months ago.
Hey there, sounds like there may be something under the key, like a crumb, or perhaps some thing sticky got on it. You can try getting a can of air duster and spraying it out while pushing the key down over and over. If that does not work, get a qtip with rubbing alcohol and kind of soak the area around the key, press the key down several times and see if its better, then blast it with air. Your last option is to pull the key off and see whats going on, i'd do that last since the little clips on the keys can break.TIm
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
If there' omething under the key like a crumb -how can you remotely fix it when you don't physically have the laptop there?
Expert:  Tim replied 8 months ago.
Thats blip is just an opening paragraph i send to all clients. So Of course I can't remote in......? Thus I gave you instructions.