Richard, Laptop Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Computers, Mobile devices and Networks
32989067

No bootable device please restart system Please help!

Customer Question

No bootable device please restart system
Please help!
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you tell me please the make and model of the computer?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Toshiba satellite
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
ThanksCan you remove the battery and power cableThen hold the power button in for 60 seconds then release.Once done, connect the battery and power cable and tell me if it then starts please
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No, same message
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
ok, remove the battery and power it on with it just connected to the power, does it then start?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Nope, same thing
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Thanks It is the internal hard drive or motherboard that has faulted. It cannot see the hard drive and this is why you get this error. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Laptop to have a diagnostics performed and the faulting component replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you