Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware Support Specialist for more than 10 years

My name is ***** ***** laptop had crashed and it asking for

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** laptop had crashed and it asking for the start up disk which I do not have and now it has scams upwith your web address for the information I need tore start it
JA: Sometimes laptop issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Laptop Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It is asking for a windows installation disc to restart it
JA: Anything else I can tell the Laptop Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: It has virtually gone back to starting it as brand new laptop
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Laptop Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Laptop
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is there anyway I can purchase a installation disc for it
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
Hi Helen, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Can you please tell me the exact make and model of your problem laptop? (Like Lenovo G560)Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The lap top is a hp Pavillon dv6 it is running Windows 7
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
Hi Helen,Thank you for writing back with that information. So now, when you turn on the laptop, it will not boot into Windows 7.There are 2 ways to restore your laptop to its Factory Settings, depending on your laptop model. First, if your laptop has a hidden recovery partition, you can restore your computer using that hidden recovery partition. Second, if your laptop has NO recovery partition, that is the time you need the recovery discs.Let us first try the first option to see if you have a hidden recovery partition. Please do these steps:Turn on or restart the HP laptop and press "F11" until the computer boots to Recovery Manager.Select "System Recovery" from the "I Need Help Immediately" section in the left pane. Click "Back Up Your Files (Recommended)" and select "Next."Choose which types of files to back up and click "Next." Connect an external drive to the laptop or insert a blank disc into the optical drive.Select the drive letter associated with the optical or USB drive, and then click "Next."Click "Next" when the backup process completes. Recovery Manager will restore the HP computer to its original state.If you DO NOT want to backup your data, and just proceed with the restore, you can skip Steps 3 to 5 above.Click "Finish." Follow the on-screen prompts to set up Windows 7.Now, if nothing happens when you press F11 and keep tapping it right after turning on the laptop, it means that you have NO hidden recovery partition and your option is only through a set of recovery DVDs.I hope that helped. Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.Thank you!Best regards,Jess