Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  IT expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

I have a laptop gateway nvr50a with a new battery and a

Customer Question

Hi I have a laptop gateway nvr50a with a new battery and a new power supply the laptop will not tune on help
Category: Laptop
Expert:  aitizaz replied 8 months ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer! i am Aitizaz and i will assist you todaywhen you turn on/push the power button, do you see anything on the screen?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The computer doesn't turn on at all no light nothing
Expert:  aitizaz replied 8 months ago.
Please do the following and let me know the result.1. Take out the battery and unplug charger2. Press and hold down the power button of the computer for 3 MINUTES3. Plug in charger only (do not insert battery) and try to power on the computerlet me know the results please
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
After 3 minutes nothing happens
Expert:  aitizaz replied 8 months ago.
do you see the charging light coming on when you plug in the charger?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes light is on sorry had to get the first charge
Expert:  aitizaz replied 8 months ago.
please try to power on the computer now and tell me if it turns on
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No it doesn't turn on
Expert:  aitizaz replied 8 months ago.
i am out of ideas on this. i will opt out so that any other expert may help you. thank you for your patience
Expert:  Chris L. replied 8 months ago.
Hello,First try removing the battery and plugging in the laptop. Then press and hold the power button for ten seconds or until it comes on. If it still does not turn on then the new power supply is bad or you have a bad power adapter inside the laptop. Since laptop repair can get quite complex and if you do not have any computer hardware certifications I would suggest you bring it to a local repair shop to be properly diagnosed and repaired. This will save you the most time and money in the long as well as stress. I am sorry I cannot tell you 100% for sue what the issue is but when it wont even turn on all you can do is replace the adapter and/or battery which you have done but if it still not functioning then it is going to be some type of hardware issue which will require taking the laptop apart and I strongly suggest you do not attempt to do that yourself. Please do me a favor and take a moment to rate my advice by clicking the stars above, 3 or more is very appreciated, we can still chat after rating if you need more help.