Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

My HP laptop has had its password ***** and I can't access

Customer Question

My HP laptop has had its password ***** and I can't access it I've got proof of purchase but it keeps asking for a floppy disk or a flash drive with the recovery info
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.What kind of password ***** you referring to? Is it a password ***** your Windows account? (This is the password ***** after Windows has loaded)If yes, are you using Windows XP, Vusta, 7, 8 or 10?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
That's correct 7 home premium
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I've got it going next to me
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information.So are you saying that the password ***** is for your Windows 7 account? It should look like this:Screen Shot Here
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
That's it
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Here is a photo
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
One
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
2
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hope that helps
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.
Hi,Thank you for writing back with that information. Indeed, that is a Windows account password.What you can do is to either CLEAR the password ***** to RETRIEVE the password. However, in either of these methods, you need to create a bootable CD where the tool to clear or retrieve the password ***** ***** boot the computer to the CD first, then use the tool to clear or reveal or retrieve the password.Do you have a working computer where you can create this bootable CD? And is there a CD/DVD drive in that locked computer?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It doing this put on on or off
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.
Please answer my inquiry so that I can provide you the procedures to clear the password ***** retrieve the password.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes it's got cd/dvr and I've got 2 flash drives 1 new and 1 that has information off the computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you. But you need to use a blank CD or DVD. Do you have a spare blank CD or DVD?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Keeps asking for a password ***** disk can I download
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.
Hi,Thank you for writing back. Unfortunately, you cannot create a password ***** disc now that your computer is locked out. You can only create it when the PC is NOT locked out, as a quick UNLOCK method.There are 2 things that you can do here to get back access to the Windows computer. One is to recover the password ***** is currently active, and two is to clear that password ***** that you can access the computer without any password ***** Both of these options however requires that you create a bootable CD where the tool to recover the password ***** clear the password ***** ***** or written. You need to use another computer with the capability to burn to a blank CD.First, you need to download a password ***** tool. The file that you need to download is an ISO file which means a disc image ready to burn to a CD.Please click on this link to get the ISO file for XP.Download Ophcrack LiveCD ISO HereAfter downloading the ISO file, you need to burn it to a CD. Thus you need to have an ISO-burning software to transfer the disc image to a blank CD like Nero or some others. If you currently do not have an ISO burning tool, please download and install this free ISO burning tool.http://www.ntfs.com/iso-burning.htmAfter downloading the ISO burning tool, install it then run it to burn the LiveCD to a blank disc. For more info on how to burn the ISO file, please click on this link:http://www.ntfs.com/iso_burner_free.htmThen, BURN the LiveCD ISO file to a blank disc and then use it to unlock your computer. How? Simply load it to the locked computer then let it start from there. With the password ***** tool, you will see the password ***** in table.For a complete process of using the OphCrack tool, please click on this link:http://sourceforge.net/p/ophcrack/wiki/ophcrack%20Howto/Restart the computer normally, without the CD, then use the password ***** discovered.Another method is to use a different tool that will clear the password ***** of recovering them. You can click here to download and extract the windows password ***** program file, then burn the extracted .ISO file as an image to a blank CD (You can use the Imgburn burning program if needed).Then you can boot the CD disk from the CD/DVD drive and follow the steps to reset the windows password; you can click here for more details.I hope that helped.Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.Thank you!Best regards,Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.
If you are using a different computer now where you plan to create the CD or DVD for use with the locked computer, I can remotely access that computer to help you create the disc.I tried to accept your secure remote assistance request but I got an error from your end. Please fix that error, I believe by contacting your bank which could have blocked your payment, then we can do the remote session.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.
Hi,How is it going?Were you able to follow the procedures I gave you to create the disc? If you need further assistance, just let me know. I am still here to assist you further.Best regards,Jess