Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  10+ years of both work experience and education.
30759776

I have 6700 hacker entries on my laptop. Can you delete

Customer Question

I have 6700 hacker entries on my laptop. Can you delete them for me?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 8 months ago.

I will be the person helping you today. I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help with cleaning up your computer. May I start a secure remote assistance session on your computer and help you resolve the problem? Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I cannot afford a monthly fee, so please cancel my request.

No monthly fee is required. We can do this for a one time cost. Is that okay?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
just once.

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 78 and click the circle button to start the remote application.
(After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.)

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Where do I enter 78 and where is circle button?

Did you go to the page? Click the link. You will see the area to enter the code there.

Let's try another connecting another way.

If you are using a Windows PC, click this link: http://tinyurl.com/teamviewerJason
If you are using a Macintosh/Apple Computer, click this link: http://tinyurl.com/TeamViewerJasonMac

- Download and run the file that you are given.
- It will give you an ID & password.

Please, give me both of the ID and password.

Keep in mind that you must keep the program running for me to connect. For this reason, please do not close it.

Come to think of it, how do you know that you have 6,700 hacker entries on your laptop? Did the people on the phone tell you that? It sounds like these people tried to scam you. A very common scam that the scammers do is give out applications that say you have hacker entries on the computer, when you really do not. In return, they offer their "Services" to you for a very high price. If you have given them any financial information; such as, your banking or credit card information, I suggest that you contact your bank and tell them to block any payment to them. If you did not give them any such information, you are safe. You can go ahead and ignore their fake information regarding any "hacker entries" because it was all made up and not true. Does that all make sense?

If you wish to work with me in the future for new problems, you can request to work with me either by posting the question on my profile page or by prefacing your question with, "For ***** ***** Only!"

Thank you again for your time today,

***** *****

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I went to a place on my computer and I saw all the entries. This happened to me before. Someone in another country is hacking into my computer.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Have you cleaned up my computer?

You didn't start the remote, yet or there are problems running it. Let's try another connecting another way.

- It will give you an ID & password.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is there anything more I have to do? If not, please just cancel out everything. I cannot cope with all this.

All you have to do is follow the instructions. Do you wish to follow the instructions I gave you or do you want to cancel?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My bank has already called me to verify that I gave you permission to charge me. Since you did not answer me when I asked if you have cleaned up my computer, I guess I just want to cancel to whole thing.

I gave you the instructions that you must follow, in order for me to connect. You didn't follow them. I will cancel this for you. Thanks.