Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist

YMA spire E1-510P laptop won't play most DVDs any more. At

Customer Question

YMA spire E1-510P laptop won't play most DVDs any more. At first it was fine, then the CYberlink would only play video but no audio so I started using VLC and that was fine for a while but then I started getting error messages and now it will only play a few DVDs. I can't even get it to run the cleaning disc I got in case that was the problem. I would use Windows media player but can't seem to find a way to do it and I really think it should work the way it did when I got it.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Running the cleaning disk was a solid step. Before we try additional repairs, I need to know what version of windows you have installed on the machine? Windows xp, vista, windows 7, windows 8 , windows 10 ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I DIDN'T run the cleaning disc, I said I tried and it wouldn't even run that. I want my $5 back, this is ridiculous and I believe it is a scam for money.
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

If you refuse to answer simple question such as what version of windows you have.

There is no way anyone can help you. If it was a scam, Id waste your time and throw a bunch of procedures at you that are applicable to any random version of windows.

Instead, I asked you for the specific version of windows you have, so we can focus with specific steps, applicable specifically to your version of windows.

If you want to seek help elsewhere, the link below will help you to process a refund.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I did not "refuse" to answer what OS I was working with (It happens to be Windows 8.1 but that's besides the point). The website keeps sending me to pages asking which plan I want to sign up for (I don't). You said that running the cleaning disc was a "solid step" when I had stated that it WOULDN'T run so that, along with the aggressive sales pitches and your snotty reply, makes me think you are not the person to help me. The video that is supposed to tell me how to get a refund keeps sending me back hre to tell you or someone that I want my $5 back. So here I am.
Expert:  Tim replied 7 months ago.

Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my VERY BEST to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call. In addition, with any positive rating I will support your question going forward for free.

Expert:  Tim replied 7 months ago.

Debra, sounds like a failing drive...If you give me the model # ***** can try and find a replacement if you like. I will be around to assist you if you want. I can assure you the site is not a scam, but I know they do advertise for other services, so I can see that being frustrating. Sorry your are having a rough time. Let me know if you would like me to stay engaged. If not, I under stand and you can contact customer service directly here***@******.***

- Tim