comp_audio
comp_audio, 15 year veteran in auto electronics
Experience:  20+ years experience repairing laptops, and supporting software issues of all kinds.
44312836

My HP Pavilion g7-1260us notebook (C.2011) is extremely slow

Customer Question

My HP Pavilion g7-1260us notebook (C.2011) is extremely slow to stopped. I cannot get to my Yahoo mail at all. Same with Excel and Word programs. The back up hard drive indicated it was corrupted and the 2 url connections for memory sticks will not receive data.
Is the machine capable of being repaired or should it be replaced? I had someone look at the machine yesterday who through up her hands after 2 hours.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  comp_audio replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** would like to work with you to get your machine working again. Can you tell me what the person did yesterday?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
She reinstalled several programs, checked the default settings, cleaned out some unused programs, removed some updates, did a reset of the machine to March 9th and other things I did not have time to see. I am not that good with a computer.

No worries. I am confident that I could get it taken care of and running smooth again. Would you like me to give instructions on how to do it, or send a Secure Remote Session offer and do it for you?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Give instructions on how to do it.

Uninstall all bloatware, install Malwarebytes.org free version, ccleaner free version and scan with them and let them clean. Then remove temp cache within windows in both visible and hidden folders. Then ensure your not using any "Speedup" software or memory managers etc. They slow your pc down. Things such as Symantec System Mechanic and stuff like that I recommend getting rid of them and using Avira Free AV.

These are the things I would start with, and can be time consuming if your not familiar with them. But in the end your machine will run so much better.

Let me know when your at each point.

Hello, please tell me if things are going well or if you need further assistance. Thanks

I am just checking in to see if there is anything further I can do for you to be able to accept my answer or assist further.

Just checking in today to see what I can do to get you to come back and work with me on this so that your satisfied and can accept my answer so that I can obtain credit for assisting you.