Viet - Laptop Tech
Viet - Laptop Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of laptop (and desktop) hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

My IPad is on but not allowing me to get any apps or icons.

Customer Question

My IPad is on but not allowing me to get any apps or icons. Help please. (###) ###-####
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Viet - Laptop Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message? Or is the iPad frozen?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Please press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What am waiting for Viet?

I'm here. Did you try my previous suggestion:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still nothing. Frozen screen.

Did you see the Apple logo when pressing and holding those two buttons? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did. Yes. But still not getting any icons and when I slide unlock it does nothing.

So the apple logo appeared. It looks like the touchscreen is not working. Remove the cover, if any, from the iPad, and check. Was the iPad dropped? Did water get into the iPad?

Di you plug the iPad to the computer, does the iTunes program on the computer detect the iPad? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did drop it last night on my kitchen floor but it still was working last night. No water. I mean the screen I on it is just not allowing me to navigate anywhere

Charge the iPad, then while charging it, press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at about 15 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check. Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I just did and iTunes logo came on.

Do you mean the Apple logo or the iTunes logo?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tunes logo and a power plug on screen now.

Do you also have a Windows or Mac computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope. Just a cell.

I'm sorry, the iTunes logo means the software is corrupted; the iPad needs to be connected to a computer temporarily in order to update / fix the iPad.

- Basically on the computer, you would download and install the iTunes program at the Apple website below on a computer:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

, then open the iTunes program on the computer, then connect the iPad to the computer

, then use the restore / update option in the iTunes program on the computer in order to fix it.

When can you have access to a computer?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

How is it going? Do you still need help with this?