IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

My HP stream notebook I need to reset or crack password

Customer Question

Category: Laptop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I somehow messed a setting up and now instead of my pen I normally put him it's asking me for my password ***** I don't know I can't use my HP stream laptop I'm locked out help please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.

Please tell me if you need to reset the BIOS password (shown immediately when you power on the computer), or the Windows password (shown after Windows boots)?

I am awaiting your reply.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I immediately turn the computer on it ask for my Microsoft account password ***** tried to reset it through Microsoft but I'm not getting anywhere
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

OK, that is the Windows password. It shouldn't be too hard to reset it.

Do you see your e-mail address (your Microsoft account) listed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Please type it here and I will help you reset the password.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I only be charged the 25 if you couldn't walk me through the steps that would be great
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

The total amount to pay if satisfied was shown to you upon asking the question here.

In order to assist you with the password ***** I first need to check your Microsoft account, so please type it here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Thanks!

Checking now...

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

I have checked your account and you can easily reset the current password ***** using an alternative e-mail address associated to your account. For security reasons, I cannot see it in full. I only see this:

[email protected]

Do you recognize that e-mail address, and can you access it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do and I've tried it several times it sent me a code then I fill out for her information if they ask me basic information name birthday and then didn't ask about recent emails I've done it 5 times and everytime it comes back I don't have enough information to change the password
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Let's try with the associated e-mail address again. Please type here the full e-mail address and I will request a new verification code to be sent there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Thanks!

I have requested a new verification code to be sent to "*****@******.***". Please check new e-mails there and look for the verification code.

Type that code here to me and I will check if I can reset the password ***** you.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Have you received it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No this is happened before sometimes so send a new code and sometimes they don't or it doesn't come through I double check my email and everything is spelled correctly
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If we did the secure connection would you definitely be able to get me into my computer I'm just wondering how that would work because obviously I'm locked out of HP and talking to you from another device my Android phone
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Secure Remote Assistance won't be useful for this problem, since it works only when you can fully access the computer.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

I will request a new code now. Please check for new e-mails and let me know when you receive the code.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do thanks for your help
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

You should have received the code by now. Do you receive e-mails from other senders on your GMail account?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now I haven't received it is there any other way we can get into my computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Are there other user accounts available, other than the one with your Microsoft account?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have another Microsoft account but I never added it to the to my laptop sue my laptop I said it up on my old tablet
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

In that case, your option is to keep trying to get a new verification code or completely reset the computer to factory defaults, which will erase the password ***** as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At this point I just like to do a factory reset is that possible am I able to do that without being able to login to my account and could you walk me through the steps if possible
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you should be able to do that easily; however, please note that factory reset will remove everything on your computer and re-install Windows 10.

If you want to proceed, follow these instructions:

1. First, restart your computer

2. Once you see the logon screen, do not select your user name or type anything, but look in the bottom right corner of the logon screen. You should see 3 icons. If you don't see any icons, then just click anywhere on the logon picture and then check again

3. Click on the power icon and then press and hold down the Shift key, and while still holding, click on Restart

4. Continue to hold down the Shift key until you see the Choose an option screen

5. On that screen, click on Troubleshoot

6. On the next screen, click on Reset this PC

7. On the next screen, click on Remove everything

8. The computer will restart. Follow the instructions to proceed with the reset. It will take up to 30 minutes to finish.

9. When finished, there won't be any password. My suggestion is to keep that default user account to avoid any further password *****

Let me know if you encounter problems.

Regards,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 12 months ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

If you don't require further assistance, please take a moment to rate my assistance by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.

Thanks,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 12 months ago.

Hello!

Let me know if you were able to receive my messages.