B. Rath
B. Rath, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.

My Toshiba Satellite Windows 7 laptop went dark and doesn't

Customer Question

my Toshiba Satellite Windows 7 laptop went dark and doesn't take any charge, I was notified that the battery was needing a replacement, it has work very well until last evening, I hope a new battery will fix the problem, I'm in washington d.c. near the capitol, where can I go to get today a new battery, can you give me a location, I thought of going to best buys, is it a good idea or is there a Toshiba place or a technician service in D.C., thank you for your reply.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  B. Rath replied 7 months ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

Just to clarify, are you able to boot up the laptop with only the power charger connected?

Please reply back to me below. Thank you.

Expert:  B. Rath replied 7 months ago.

Please do this now:

Disconnect both the power adapter and the battery from the laptop first.

Next, press and HOLD down the Power button for atleast 30 seconds, and then release the button.

Next, re-connect only the power adapter and press the Power button one more time to turn the laptop back on.

Does it boot up all right this time? Do let me know.