Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

I have an all in one HP Touchsmart with windows 10. I can

Customer Question

I have an all in one HP Touchsmart(###) ###-#### ***** windows 10. I can power up the computer but the screen does not display anything. It is black. The blue power light is on and I can hear the fans on and the computer powering up but nothing is displayed on the screen. The dvd drive which is in the monitor can open and accept a dvd and I can hear that run too but nothing is displayed on the screen. I have already tried unplugging it and plugging it in again...
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Sandy replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Sandy and I look forward to help you today with the best answer possible.

I'm sorry about the issue.

I will work with you until it gets fixed. This is a question and answer session. Please do not hesitate to reply back to me at the box given below.

Please follow the steps given below and let me know the outcome:

Turn off the computer.
Disconnect the power cord from Main supply.
Now hold down the power button on the tower for 1 minute.
Now, connect only power cord and restart it and try to boot in safe mode again.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

I tried that. It did the same thing. I can hear it boot up but no display on the screen.

Expert:  Byron replied 8 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Please turn the machine off.

Once off, restart it and immediately begin tapping the F11 key at the top of the keyboard.

A recovery menu should open. Let me know if it does not.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

I have tried to disconnect, hold the power button for one minute, tapping F11. The computer screen still does not display anything. I hear it boot. But nothing on the screen.

Expert:  Byron replied 8 months ago.

Do you not even see the HP logo when you turn the computer on?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

No. Absolutely nothing on the screen. It is all black. Nothing displays. I just hear the fan running and the light on the power button located on the top right side of the screen does light up blue. But nothing comes out on the screen, not even for a second. It seems like it is in a perpetual sleep mode. I have to manually turn it off by keeping the power button pressed.

Oh, and I don't reply quickly because I have to borrow a laptop to respond between working hours. My desktop computer is at my house...

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

No. Nothing.

Expert:  SladeV replied 8 months ago.

My name is***** will help you too the best of my ability. Do you have a external monitor?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

I have a monitor with everything in it, like the dvd drive and USB ports. The only other parts are the keyboard and mouse (wireless).

Expert:  SladeV replied 8 months ago.

Connect it too the Monitor and boot the Laptop and see if it shows anything. If it displays, it is likely that the screen on the laptop is then damaged and you would have too get it replaced