GeekGal
GeekGal, Laptop Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS Degree and 15+ years experience supporting both Mac and windows laptops
76665483

I have purchased and brand new acer Intel core i3 laptop but

Customer Question

Hi I have purchased and brand new acer Intel core i3 laptop but it won't turn on?? 3days old.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

Hi Ellen. My name is*****'m a certified computer professional with 15 years of experience. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

The cause of this is quite often something very simple. If your battery ran almost completely out, your computer may have gone into hibernation mode. If that is the problem, you can resolve it by removing the battery, unplugging the charging cord, and then pressing and holding the power button for at least 30 seconds. What this does is force the laptop to discharge any residual power and completely reset. After doing this, plug into power and try to turn it on. Please let me know if that resolves the issue. If so, kindly take a moment to rate my service. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. If you need more help, please let me know so we can continue to work together. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can't seem to find the battery.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

If you will provide the exact model number of the laptop I can probably help you to locate it.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank u. Does the number
E5-573-36MW mean anything to you
Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

It does. Please give me a moment to locate information on the best way to remove the battery.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

I have attached a document with instructions for removing the battery and for reinserting it when we have completed troubleshooting. Please take a look at the drawing of the bottom of the laptop. It should look much like yours.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Those instructions don't seem to match my acer ??
Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

I apologize for th edelayed response. I had to restart my computer. Let's try again. Based on the #'s you gave me it seems to be an Acer Aspire E-5. Is that correct? Can you also provide the serial number? It shoudl be on a sticker on the bottom of the laptop.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

I have located further information on this model and attached another photo. Does the bottom of yours look like this? If so, It seems that you have to remove the optical drive, then unscrew the back cover of the laptop to get to the battery, not an easy task, as it should be. If this is not what your laptop looks like, could you possibly take a picture with your phone and upload it? Also, you can try holding the power button down for at least 30 seconds and leaving it off for a few minutes and then trying again. Test the power outlet that you are using to be sure that it is active Perhaps by plugging a lamp into it) and then also be sure that the power cord is plugged firmly into the laptop as well.

If this information that I have provided has been helpful to you, kindly take a moment to rate my service. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. If you need more help, please let me know so we can continue to work together. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!