Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist

Toshiba 15" screen Satellite laptop, monitor screen

Customer Question

Toshiba 15" screen Satellite laptop, monitor screen completely dead. Approximate cost to repair/replace monitor?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 7 months ago.

Hi Christopher! My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you this evening.

If the screen isn't cracked or broken, the most likely situation here is that the display backlight has failed. This does typically require replacement of the LCD panel. The cost varies (sometimes wildly) from model-to-model, but a standard 15" LCD panel can be had for around $100 if it's a repair you feel comfortable performing yourself; mom & pop computer shops run closer to $200 for parts and labor, while big-box repair shops -- Geek Squad, etc. -- tend to charge $300+.

If you could let me know the model number of your laptop, I'd be glad to find more detailed pricing info for you!

If you are pleased with the quality of service I’ve given you, would you take just a moment to rate me? By doing so, you’ll help other customers by letting them know about your experience working with me, and your positive feedback allows me to be paid for the work I’ve performed. I greatly appreciate it, and hope you will reach back out to me if I can be of any further assistance to you!

How do I rate an answer?
You can give your rating by selecting one of the five faces located under each answer. Giving a positive rating compensates me for my time with you. If the value of your question is more than the value of your deposit, then your deposit will be applied toward the balance due and the remainder will be debited from your previously specified payment method. Please remember that I will not be paid until you leave a positive rating for my answer.