Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer

Was working on laptop and it powered off. Tried to reboot

Customer Question

Was working on laptop and it powered off. Tried to reboot and heard fan come on, got a screen to start windows normally, etc. , then it powered back off again. I removed the battery and same thing happened. Cannot get any lights except the red blinking light for the battery.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Shefin replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Could you please remove the battery and AC Adapter from the computer?

Then, insert the Adapter only and check if the computer turn on with the Adapter only. Let me know if you get a single lit from the power LED or any LEDs.

Than, remove the Adapter and insert the battery only. Let me know the response.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i came to someone else's house to see if their adapter would work on my computer. The adapter will plug into my laptop, but I get no lights or anything with it. The adapter is not identical to the one I normally use. When I try to boot up with battery only, all i get is a red flashing battery light
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can go back home and try with my power supply, it will take me about 10 minutes to get there, do you want me to do that?
Expert:  Shefin replied 7 months ago.

It seems the battery is drained, because of not getting charged. The Adapter is not good and you will not be able to turn on the computer or charge the battery with this Adapter.

Please replace it with a new and good Adapter to get the issue resolved.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!