Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

I purchased a used HP Pavilion 17 notebook and when wen

Customer Question

I purchased a used HP Pavilion 17 notebook and when wen moved this fall, I losk my password. How can I recover?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When starting, I get to the password ***** an can get no further. Ciuld I somehow get a temporary password, then set a new one?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Laptop technicians generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****

I am a certified computer professional who can assist you with the problem you described.

Good news is that the current password ***** be reset. I will happily provide the instructions for you on how to do it, but first, I need to know which Windows version is installed on your HP Pavilion 17 notebook.

It could be:

- Windows XP

- Windows Vista

- Windows 7

- Windows 8 / 8.1

- Windows 10

Let me know,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

Thanks,