Mr.Med
Mr.Med, laptop problems
Experience:  Networks & Security Engineer
76221641

How do you clear a password in windows 8? I seldom use the

Customer Question

How do you clear a password ***** windows 8? I seldom use the notebook and don't remember the password.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,

I'm sorry about the issue, Please Try the following steps :

1. Restart the computer and repeatedly press < F9 > during bootup.
2. Press [Enter] to select Windows Setup [EMS Enabled].
3. Select the language you want to recover and click Next.
4. Select a partition option and click Next.

Partition options:

Recover Windows to first partition only.
This option deletes only the first partition and allows you to keep other partitions, and to create a new system partition as drive "C".

Recover Windows to entire HD.

This option deletes all partitions from your hard disk drive and creates a new system partition as drive "C".

Recover Windows to entire HD with two partitions.
This option deletes all partitions from your hard drive and creates two new partitions "C" (25%) and "D" (75%).

6. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the recovery process.

If you are not able to do that, you may have to use the recovery disc. If you have the recovery disc, please follow the instructions below :

1. Insert the Recovery DVD into the optical drive. Your Notebook needs to be powered ON.
2. Restart the laptop. Press ESC when you see the "computer brand logo" and then select the optical drive (may be labeled as "CD/DVD") from ODD. Press [Enter] to boot from the Recovery DVD.
3. Select OK to start to restore the image.
4. Select OK to confirm the system recovery.

Restoring will overwrite your hard drive. Ensure to back up all your important data before the system recovery.

5. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the recovery process.

If you are not able to do the recovey, or you do not have the recovery disc, please do the following :

Go to this website : http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/ scroll down and download the file name Hirens.BootCD.15.2.zip (Make sure you unzip this file) then burn this file into a blank DVD, to do this, you can use imgburn software www.imgburn.com, insert the Disk then follow the step by step instructions in this tutorial video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoYv1H6-E98

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 9 months ago.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.If you have a moment please rate my service by clicking on one of the stars below, positive ratings are appreciated. If you still need help please reply back to me and i will gladly continue to help

Note : Only rate if you are 100% satisfied, please do not rate an answer as poor or bad service if you are not satisfied

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 9 months ago.

Has everything worked out, do you still need help please?

If you have a moment, kindly rate my my service by clicking on one of the stars below, positive ratings are appreciated. only rate if you are satisfied, please do not rate an answer as poor or bad service if you are not satisfied.

thank you