Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

Frostii My Toshiba laptop will not post, I just get a power

Customer Question

frostii My Toshiba laptop will not post
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just get a power light no screen logo, no hdd activity and I've done the battery in/out, hddd drive out, ram out and replaced the mb
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tech Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Charles A. Roberts replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am sorry you have encountered this kind of problem, I understand you have replaced the motherboard also removed the battery and turned the machine on with the battery out of the equation. Also you have removed the hard drive and the machine still does not post. There are two things that could be happening here. Either the memory is bad which I do recommend you having the memory tested at a local computer store or by placing this memory in another laptop to see if it posts or the CPU has malfunctioned which they can both cause the same problem.