Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

I have an older windows 7 compaq laptop. I haven't fired it

Customer Question

I have an older windows 7 compaq laptop. I haven't fired it up in a year. now I cant remember the password. i had the password ***** I had changed it and cannot locate the new one.I didn't do a password ***** disk. how do I get a new password ***** open it up?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

If you do not have a recovery disk then in that case you will have to reinstall windows 7 right from the scratch however if you have important data then you cannot opt for windows reinstall as you will loose all the saved data.

There are many password ***** softwares available online which claim to unlock windows login password ***** they do not work and will take money for the software. I would suggest you to reinstall windows.

Let me know if you have any question.