flopcat98
flopcat98, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant 30 years in nyc computer industry working with PC and networks banks brokerage legal etc.
23372949

Have hp notebook, installed Windows 10 now my screen says"

Customer Question

Have hp notebook, installed Windows 10 now my screen says " we couldn't complete the updates , Undoing changes. " I can not use my keys to get into the start up menu to do reset.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 9 months ago.

was this during the original install of windows 10 ?

what is it doing now ?

it should be uninstalling the win 10 and re installing the previous version of windows.

but if it does not complete it in a few hours than it got frozen. you have no choice but to turn the computer off ( you can just hold the power button in for a few seconds if nothing else works )

then wait a minute

turn it back on and hope it straightens itself out one way or the other.

let me know whether it did or not. there are some things we can do if it doesnt but it depends on what state it gets to.