Richard, Laptop Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Computers, Mobile devices and Networks
32989067

I am unable to get online without being plugged into my

Customer Question

I am unable to get online without being plugged into my modem. My wireless internet connection is not working. It was not a problem getting on wireless internet until about two weeks ago when I lost my connection. How do I download a wireless driver, or is there something else that I need to do?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please the make an model of your Laptop and the version of windows you are using please?

Thank you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop with Windows 7.

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

It is a very good operating system (windows 10) but so was windows 7, if you had windows 8 I would urge you to move.

When it says there is a partition problem, it is quite a serious issue, but first I want to ask, on which of the devices did it say this (PC or Laptop)? And is there a pressing need to go to windows 10 that you have (specific program you have needs it ect)?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

None of the programs I use require an upgrade to Windows 10. Windows 7 has been quite reliable and functional for me.

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Sorry, it is a mistake in the system, that message was not meant for you, my apologies.

Click start, type in

ncpa.cpl

Press enter

Do you see wireless network connection listed there?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Yes, I see the wireless connection there.

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Ok, right click it and select connect, choose your wireless network and click connect then enter your password ***** you should then have wireless

Let me know please how you go.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

It does not give the option to select connect when I right click, only disable, status, diagnose, bridge connections, rename, create short cut, and properties.

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

When you click Status, what does it say?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

It gives me this screen:

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

ok, but that's the local network connection, you need to use the wireless connection please.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I am unable to connect - it asked me to verify that the adapter is on, and everything is on. My other laptop is still connected, only this one is having this problem. Troubleshooting was unable to resolve it.

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

sorry I am a little confused, before you said there was no connect, or you were not clicking the wireless network connection?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I'm clicking the wireless network connection, but it will not connect to the network.

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

remove power to wifi router, wait 5 minutes.

Then connect power to wifi router, wait 5 minutes, and try to connect

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Same results...still can't connect. What is the next step? Is there anything else I can try?

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Can you click start, type in

wireless networks

press enter

Click on your home-Bw22 network and select remove

Once done, restart the computer and tell me please if it now connects.