Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

Is there anyway to get this computer up and running? says

Customer Question

is there anyway to get this computer up and running?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: says hard disc error. run hard disc test in system diagnostics. hard disc 1 (3F1). F2 system diagnostics. for more information visit hp.com\go\techcenter\startup.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Laptop technicians generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Charles A. Roberts replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am sorry you have encountered this kind of problem. Have you ran the system diagnostics yet to test the hard drive for a malfunction yet?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
but it comes back to the same screen. it would let me perform f-1 thru f-3. did memory test (100% ok). did run in test. says boot device not found. i am typing on my new laptop while talking to you. saya hard drive does not exist.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
would love it if you could connect to this device to fix bu dont know how you would do that since it wont boot up.

Ok so it is saying boot device not found this means either the connection to the hard drive has physically came loose or the hard drive is sadly malfunctioned and would need to be replaced. Have you tried disconnecting and then reconnecting the hard drive?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
how do i disconnect and reconnect the hard drive.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
do you mean physically take out hard drive and put it back in?

To answer that what is the make and the model of this computer? I mean just disconnect the data cable and reconnect it to the hard drive.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
its an older HP 2000 with windows 7

Is this a desktop computer? If it is you would need to open the side panel to get to the inside.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
laptop

I see, ok on the bottom of the machine I will need an exact model number please so I don't give you the wrong instruction.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
either 584037-001 or 00196-221-076-806. those are the only #s on the bottom and on the sticker from HP.

It won't me on a sticker it will be righting that says model number or model no I am going to have to take an educated guess in this case if you can't locate it. On the bottom of the machine there should be an access door or doors on the bottom of the machine you would need to open them and locate the metal square device which would be the hard drive. You would need to remove the hard drive to disconnect it since this is a laptop. If you don't feel like you can do this task you would need to have it taken in and a computer tech for example from geek squad could remove an reseat the hard drive even test it however if I am correct the hard drive would probably need to be replaced and the recovery program would needed to be ordered from hp so everything can be reinstalled onto the new hard drive.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i have put in a hard drive before on a dell so i think i can do it. hopefully al it needs is to be reseated but i doubt it. thanks

If reseating fails of course it would mean you would need a new hard drive. If you have more questions please let me know if you need further assistance I am right here just ask. If you don't have further question please leave positive feedback using the rating system it's how we are compensated for our time and information.