Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

In structions on my just purchased Logitech c170 webcam do

Customer Question

In structions on my just purchased Logitech c170 webcam do not give instructions for plugging into my desktop monitor.I have a Microsoft wireless keyboard and no laptop. How do I power my webcam?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Breland replied 10 months ago.

Hello, Frank. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to assist you today.

Does your computer have a separate monitor and tower or is it an all-in-one computer? This will help me determine where the camera will need to plug into.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
First, I see no reason why I should have to pay to get information about your product when nothing on your packaging indicates its limitations. I have a separate monitor and tower. My tower is a Lenovo (1P #OB40711) and my monitor is a Westinghouse
LCM-17v8
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Nothing more to add
Expert:  Breland replied 10 months ago.

This is a technical support site. We are not affiliated with Logitech. I can help you setup your webcam but there is a fee involved if you are satisfied with the assistance. Otherwise, you are welcome to contact Logitech directly as they may offer support for their own product.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I did connect with the Logitech website in the package. How can I get to the proper site?
Expert:  Breland replied 10 months ago.

Their number is: 1(###) ###-####br />The website is: http://support.logitech.com/

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you. I will pursue with logitech and assume there is no charge for this interchange.
Expert:  Breland replied 10 months ago.

That is correct. You are welcome.

Expert:  comp_audio replied 10 months ago.

Might I ask how you ended up here? Did you do a search for how to fix this issue and this page is one of the results? Just trying to figure out how or why you thought that we were a part of Logitech. I am willing to assist you in case Logitech is not of any help. Just let me know.