Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

In structions on my just purchased Logitech c170 webcam do

Customer Question

In structions on my just purchased Logitech c170 webcam do not give instructions for plugging into my desktop monitor.I have a Microsoft wireless keyboard and no laptop. How do I power my webcam?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Breland replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Frank. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to assist you today.

Does your computer have a separate monitor and tower or is it an all-in-one computer? This will help me determine where the camera will need to plug into.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First, I see no reason why I should have to pay to get information about your product when nothing on your packaging indicates its limitations. I have a separate monitor and tower. My tower is a Lenovo (1P #OB40711) and my monitor is a Westinghouse
LCM-17v8
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing more to add
Expert:  Breland replied 1 year ago.

This is a technical support site. We are not affiliated with Logitech. I can help you setup your webcam but there is a fee involved if you are satisfied with the assistance. Otherwise, you are welcome to contact Logitech directly as they may offer support for their own product.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did connect with the Logitech website in the package. How can I get to the proper site?
Expert:  Breland replied 1 year ago.

Their number is: 1(###) ###-####br />The website is: http://support.logitech.com/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I will pursue with logitech and assume there is no charge for this interchange.
Expert:  Breland replied 1 year ago.

That is correct. You are welcome.

Expert:  comp_audio replied 1 year ago.

Might I ask how you ended up here? Did you do a search for how to fix this issue and this page is one of the results? Just trying to figure out how or why you thought that we were a part of Logitech. I am willing to assist you in case Logitech is not of any help. Just let me know.