michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Notebook and Handhelp support expertise
26798893

Can I upgrade my BIOS on this laptop, dell inspiron N5110

Customer Question

can I upgrade my BIOS on this laptop, dell inspiron N5110 running windows 7
Category: Laptop
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Can you tell me why you want to upgrade the bios let me know the problem a bit more in detail.

Last Updated Bios is dated 30 May 2013.

The BIOS file format consists of a BIOS executable file. The Universal (Windows/MS DOS) format can be used to install from Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows 2000, NT, Windows 9X, Windows ME or a MS DOS environment. Thre is no Windows 10 bios update available however bios updates are done when your motherboard is not functioning or the battery is not recharging. unsuccessful Bios update can damage the entire computer hardware.

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further. Thank you.