Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

Sandy,i locked my husbands laptop by accident cant remember

Customer Question

hi,sandy,i locked my husbands laptop by accident cant remember the adminisative password, can u help
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

What version of windows do you have on his laptop? Windows xp, vista, windows 7, windows 8 , or windows 10 ?

Or, is this a mac?

Also, when it asks for the password ***** ***** showing an email address? Or just a normal account name?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 10. It,was on laptop when we bought it in Nov last year. All it shows is asking for administration password
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
anything we can do
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

What we may be faced with in this situation, is performing a reset on the machine. A reset will deposit all your data/ document / pictures files into a windows.old folder, and will set the pc back to an "out of the box" state.

This is usually our last option, but it seems like that may be your only option considering the info we have exchanged so far.

Quick question. Is there any other user accounts on the computer you can log into?

Or, when you start the computer does it only show just the one user account and nothing else?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried the other to yahoo accounts and they didn't work. I don't care. we can wipe the whole thing. we were only using his to look for a job. its only my computer we would have to worry about.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
only shows the one account with administrative password *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Replied on Internet laptop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it comes up with administrator,account has been disabled.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
after I try a password ***** comes back with his name on it and email address, with password ***** it,does that help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HELLO
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PLEASE TEXT ME WHEN U CAN TALK TO ME
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you.. All your messages came through at once on my end.

Ive sent you an offer for phone support, this will make it easier for us to work through this issue and solve it.

Dustin S.