Joe-S
Joe-S, Systems Specialist
Experience:  Systems Administrator at Fortune 50 Company
68269981

I have an hp 2002 laptop that I purposely deleted everything

Customer Question

I have an hp 2002 laptop that I purposely deleted everything in an attempt to remove windows 10 from it and restore windows 7. now I have a black screen that says there is no o.s. installed. it WAS there but I probably erased it to the blank state it is in now. what needs to be done, i.e. is there a function button other than f11 as it does squat.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Joe-S replied 9 months ago.

Hi Dan, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to answer your question today.

How did you go about removing Windows 10? Did you use the rollback function in Windows 10 or use another method to delete it?

From what you describe, I suspect you completely erased your drive and you will need to reinstall Windows 7 from scratch. Do you have Windows 7 Installation media, such as a DVD?

.

Please respond back so I can help you with the best options for repairing your laptop. It would also help if you can provide me the model of your laptop

--Joe

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
unfortunately i d o not have a disc or usb that contains windows7
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
hp laptop 2002 model #A7U27UA serial #5cb2084cjd
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
impossible,AS i AM ON ANOTHER LAPTOP IN ORDER TO SPEAK TO YOU. THE OTHER ONE CANNOT BE ACCESSED REMOTELY.....I THINK
Expert:  Joe-S replied 9 months ago.

Based on what you provided, can you verify this is the exact model of your laptop. The specific model number that HP uses may be a variation of what you gave me.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-2000-400-Notebook-PC-series/5186823/model/5218435

.

If this is accurate, I can provide you an avenue for obtaining installation media.

--Joe

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I think that would be most helpful as connecting remotely is just too costly as I am on a fixed income and could barely afford this call as is. Pop bottles will cover the $20.00 connection but anything else is just not feasible at this junction in my financial life....sorry and thank you
Expert:  Joe-S replied 9 months ago.

If that is the correct model of your laptop, you can obtain replacement media here:

https://restore.solutions/en/hpcompaqpaviliondm42000/#hpcompaqpaviliondm42000win7recoveryiso

Also provided at that location is instruction on how to create a bootable disk to perform a re-installation.

.

Optionally, you can obtain the original installation media from HP. they do however charge a fee for the media:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/mediaorder/HP-2000-400-Notebook-PC-series/5186823/model/5218435/softwareitem/679277-121/step1

.

With one of these options, you should be able to restore your laptop as it came new. You will of course need to reinstall all of your applications and updates.

.

--Joe

Expert:  Joe-S replied 9 months ago.

Please be sure to rate my assistance. If you have additional questions on this subject, please reply back. If not, accepting my answer and rating my service will close this request.

--Joe