Joe-S
Joe-S, Systems Specialist
Experience:  Systems Administrator at Fortune 50 Company
68269981

I am replacing the key board on my toshiba laptop C55-A1505

Customer Question

I am replacing the key board on my toshiba laptop C55-A1505 my problem is how far does the curcuit need to plug in on the replacement keyboard
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Joe-S replied 12 months ago.

Hi Connie, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you.

When reattaching the ribbon cable to the motherboard, the contacts should simply slip inside the connector and then be secured down. You should not need to use much force at all. Doing so could damage the contacts.

Here is a good video on the process.... You may want to jump to about 2:35 to see how the cable connects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKd746NFBUk

.

I hope this helps. Please reply back if you have additional questions on this subject or simply rate my service when you are satisfied.

--Joe

Expert:  Joe-S replied 12 months ago.

Here's a better close up of the connection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpzRkdgpMMU

Jump to 7:25

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I watched the video but didnt help because the video shows he is feeding it thru first, but mine yoiu dont have top do that, nor do you have to take the whole back off
Expert:  Joe-S replied 12 months ago.

I'm not aware of any other method or replacing the keyboard on that model. If the ribbon cable was disconnected on the keyboard itself then it may have been a permanent connection that was severed. The replacement keyboard is sold with the ribbon cable pee-attached to the keyboard and the removable connection is on the system board.

Expert:  Joe-S replied 12 months ago.

Here is another variation of the C55. Is this more like yours? It also has the ribbon cable permanently connected to the keyboard side and then attaches to the system board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og7JdxuhF7M

Jump to 29:00

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I figured it out...there is a little plastic piece on either side of where it plugs in..you have to push them out just a little which raises the bar that locks the circuit in place..then when its in position, push the plastic pieces back into place...ty
Expert:  Joe-S replied 12 months ago.

Ok. that's good to hear. I see you requested remote assistance which must have been in error.

Expert:  Joe-S replied 12 months ago.

Would you mind taking a picture of the connection and uploading it here. I'm curious how yours connected compared to what was displayed in the video.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I am sorry I don't have a camera to do that...
Expert:  Joe-S replied 12 months ago.

ok. That's fine. I'm glad it all came together. Is there anything else I can assist with?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I just hope I didn't damage the connection before I figured it out...no that is all I needed
Expert:  Joe-S replied 12 months ago.

Ok. Have a great day. And be sure to rate (3 stars or better) when you are satisfied.

Expert:  Joe-S replied 12 months ago.

Connie,

I see you have neither "accepted" or rated my service. Was there something else you were needing? As long as this question remains open I do not get compensated for my time and effort. If I have answered your question, please take a moment to click on the stars above to rate my service (3 Stars or better). If you have any additional questions, please reply back so they can be addressed.

--Joe

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi Joe, I didn't leave feedback because you didn't solve my problem. I figured it out on my own. Matter
of fact, I am going to cancel this program. It was a waste of my time an money, because all you did was refer me to videos that I had already watched, and did not
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
give me any addition help..