Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  15 Years saving Laptops from the recyling bin! Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop, Model P755-S5390. Part#

Customer Question

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop, Model P755-S5390. Part# ***** Ser# ***** When pressed, the Radio Button lights, but won't remain on, and I have no radio connection, therefor no internet.
Is there a fix for re-enabling the Radio Button?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

We may need to restore the computer to a time when it was working, or reload the wireless driver.

Before we do either let me ask this.. Do you have an ethernet cord? If so we can plug the toshiba directly into your router by an ethernet cord and get internet that way.. that will allow us to re download the wireless driver.

if you do not have an ethernet cord.. Then heres what we want to try first.

Please press the windows key on your keyboard, or tap the "desktop" icon to go to your old fashioned windows desktop.

Then, hold down your windows key and press R ( The windows key is two keys to the left of your space-bar )

Then type in rstrui.exe and hit enter.. On the system restore screen,

Click, restore my computer to an earlier point, then click next..

We want to choose a restore point that was at least one day before the issues started.

Carry out the restore. the computer will restart, then let me know if that fixed the issue or not.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I restored the Windows 10 registry to an earlier date and now the Radio Button won't respond at all. Doesn't light when pressed. I had downloaded, on this, my desktop computer, the driver Wireless_18.12.4-DT32.ex, then transferred it on a stick to the laptop computer. When I double-click to execute the file, nothing seems to change. When I look at Devices, nothing shows for Radio, so there's no opportunity to right-click to update the driver. Is there a current driver source other than Intel? Should I restore the registry version I just displaced with and older version?
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

Yes.. lets try to restore again.

Go back 2-3 days farther.. And lets see if that works. If not. Then we may need to consider getting our hands on an ethernet cable so we can get internet access.

At which point I can either connect and try and solve t his issue for you on screen. Or, we can download the driver directly from the Toshiba site and try to get it working that way.

D.S

Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I never heard back from you.

Did the restore to a few days prior solve the issue?