Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

Getting this ACMON Error: Chameleon Engine out of

Customer Question

Getting this ACMON Error: Chameleon Engine out of service...it appears to be a virus since it has disabled the Start Program (bottom left)...i want to issue a system restore but can't get to it!
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Laptop Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: sure....Windows barely comes up, but can't open any apps....when i pull the battery to reboot, it slowly comes up but back to nothing working...
JA: Is there anything else the Laptop Technician should be aware of?
Customer: ASUS laptop...just a few years old....have antivirus software but this seems to have bypassed that.
JA: Sometimes laptop issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Laptop Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Laptop Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Viet - Laptop Tech replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. When did this issue first occur? When was the last time your laptop was working fine?

What's the model of your Asus laptop? Please check at the back/bottom of it.

Does the laptop have Windows XP, Vista, or 7 or 8 or 10?

Can you press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then do you see the Run... window?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Is the Internet currently working on the Asus laptop or not?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me. Thank you.