Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

I have a Toshiba satellite I'm trying to reset to factory

Customer Question

I have a Toshiba satellite I'm trying to reset to factory defaults, it keeps opening up a black screen with a white box asking for a password. I didn't set a password ***** it. Can I get around this?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my VERY BEST to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call. In addition, with any positive rating I will support your question going forward for free.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

This laptop is 3-5 years old correct? This sounds like the dreaded cmos/bios battery going dead, not to be confused with the standard charging battery....This can be very hard to fix, and the best bet is to get your data off before you proceed. I can give you a call if needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cancelled this order as I don't need monthly service its just a one time fix.
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Sure, no problem. Would you like me to give you a call to explain what needs to be done here? Its semi complicated. And i'll make sure you are not on the subscription deal.