Gary Jensen
Gary Jensen,
Experience:  Functional Systems Administrator at Hill Air Force Base, OO-ALC/309SMXG
13452844

My Lenovo Miix 2 8 shows the product name is INVALID and the

Customer Question

My Lenovo Miix 2 8 shows the product name is ***** ***** the Lenovo SN is INVALID. How can I put the correct info into those fields of the BIOS?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,

I'm sorry about the issue, the product name is lenovo miix 2 8 The serial number is ***** at the bottom of your device or beneath the battery. If the Machine Type model information is needed, it is located just right next to the serial number

let me know if you need any further help

Thank you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I already know this. My problem is how to get this info into the bios to replace the INVALID entries. That's where I need the help. I can't figure out how to change that and I cannot get the flash utility to update the bios from the file on Lenovo's web site. It says Invalid Firmware Image.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 9 months ago.

You can download the latest BIOS updates from the link below :

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds101003

hope this help

thank you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I already did this too--it will not load it says Invalid firmware image
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 9 months ago.

Please delete the downloaded BIOS update, and redownload it. Try again.

let me know the results

thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I got the same result as before. The InsydeH20 flash runs and upon restart a small blue screen appears and says the following: InsydeH20 - Secure Flash Error : Invalid firmware image!!! Please press any key to reset system. . . . .
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 9 months ago.

I fear I am not making progress with this case, and cannot necessarily deliver what you are seeking,
so I must Opt Out, with sincere regrets.

If and when another Expert takes up the case, you ought to receive a notification email.

thank you

Expert:  Gary Jensen replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I hope to be able to assist you with this issue. Do you have the ability to get in to the current BIOS? Often it is as simple as going into the BIOS, and changing the S/N field which has been entered incorrectly (I've seen this done by a factory tech who came to replace a motherboard). I would suggest, at least as a first step, to go into the current BIOS and see if you can change the field (s) that are incorrect. If you can do that, then try to flash the BIOS.

Please let me know is this works for you. If it doesn't, we aren't done. I will continue to work with you to resolve your issue.

Cheers,

Gary

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello Gary, I can get into the BIOS and get into the set password ***** and a couple of other settings but I cannot get into those two fields that say INVALID. That's where I need the help. Someone out there must know how to get into those settings and change them. I guess I am looking for a way to get into hidden settings and update/fix them. The BIOS is InsydeH20 90 with firmware version 1.03. BTW, the table is otherwise running Win 10 successfully but the Intel Trusted Execution Engine Interface shows Code 10 (will not start) in device manager and the tablet will not restart as it should, always requiring a manual startup. I believe these problems are related to the BIOS issue. Perhaps the previous owner had the motherboard changed and someone did not then properly set those values and therefore if one tries to flash the BIOS it says Invalid Firmware Image. Help please or kindly have someone refund my money. Thank you, John

OK, thanks for the clarification. I'm going to research a bit more and I will get back to you.

GJ