Richard, Laptop Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Computers, Mobile devices and Networks
32989067

My laptop is saying that my file story drive has been

Customer Question

My laptop is saying that my file history drive has been disconnected, how does this happen and how can I fix it? I just got the laptop for Christmas and I upgraded the OS to windows 10. Did not recieve any OS disks with it and I would like to go back to Windows 8.1 but it won't let me. I didn't make a backup copy first. (My bad) is there a way I can get the disks for my OS?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

this happens when it has been backing up in the background and lost connection to the drive its using.

Can you click the windows start button in the bottom left then Settings > Update & security > Backup and reselect the network listed there

It should then allow it to continue again.

Let me know the results please

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,