Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

I am stuck on ASUS screen it says please press F2 to enter

Customer Question

I am stuck on ASUS screen it says please press F2 to enter EFI BIOS setting. I press F2 and nothing happens. I tried pushing F8 & F10 still goes back to the same screen. My keyboard light is on but it seems to do nothing.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The keyboard light is on when I push F2 it doesn't do anything. I tried turning it off and pressing F8/ F10 it goes back to the same screen saying. PLEASE PRESS F2 TO ENTER EFI BIOS SETTING.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Laptop technicians generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Shefin replied 9 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

May I know the model number of your computer?

May I know the operating system you are using? Is it Windows 7?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
MODEL NO: AR5B95
WINDOWS 7
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ITS A BUSINESS COMPUTER
Expert:  Shefin replied 9 months ago.

Remove all external devices, CDs, AC Adapter and battery from the computer. Keep the AC Adapter and battery unplugged.
Hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds. (Nothing will appear on the display and none of the lights will light up.)
Plug in the ac adapter ONLY. (Please note that a power indicator light should be lit on the ac adapter when it is plugged in).
Normally power on the notebook.
If the unit does not power on, remove the ac adapter and insert the battery into the system.
Plug the ac adapter back into the system, the battery charging indicator light will light up.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
THE LIGHT DOES NOT APPEAR ONCE I PLUG IN THE ADAPTER
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
IT IS NOT A NOTEBOOK ITS A BUSINESS PC
Expert:  Shefin replied 9 months ago.

If it is a desktop, remove all external devices, CDs, all cables including power, monitor, keyboard and mouse from the CPU. Then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. After doing the same, reinsert power, monitor and keyboard cables, and turn on the computer.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Still nothing
Expert:  Shefin replied 9 months ago.

Can you remove the Keyboard from the computer and insert it to a different USB port?

Do you have another keyboard to try with?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i tried that but the other keyboard does not light up. It works not the other pc but not on this one.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
works on the other pc
Expert:  Shefin replied 9 months ago.

How old the computer is? Is it under warranty?

Can you open the cover, remove and reinsert the RAM sticks?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The keyboard light came on but I still get the same screen and its not doing anything
Expert:  Shefin replied 9 months ago.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
not sure how old the computer is and no its not under warranty. Where do you want me to open it? Did you see the pic I sent you of the PC/ system.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Which part do I open?
Expert:  Shefin replied 9 months ago.

Can you send me the other side of the Tower too? With the model number?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Here
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I opened up the drive, took it out and put it back in. Turned on computer and its still on the same screen.
Expert:  Shefin replied 9 months ago.

Follow the instructions in the link below. Instead of upgrading the RAM, remove it and replace it after two minutes.

http://www.spotwise.com/2008/10/16/upgrading-the-ram-on-eee-box/

Try both hard drive and RAM.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Tried that and still the same thing
Expert:  Shefin replied 9 months ago.

Have you tried turning On without connecting the hard drive. Check if you get the same message without the hard drive.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it says REBOOT AND SELECT PROPER BOOT DEVICE OR INSERT BOOT MEDIA IN SELECTED BOOT DEVICE AND PRESS A KEY
Expert:  Shefin replied 9 months ago.

That means the computer is working fine without the hard drive. Try connecting the hard drive and check if you are getting the same response.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
NOW IT GOES BACK TO THE SCREEN FROM THE BEGINNING
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
WITH THE HARD DRIVE IN, I AM TRYING TO OPEN THE PROGRAM CALLED KEYSTROKE POS AND IT SAYS SPECIFIED PATH NOT FOUND.
Expert:  Shefin replied 9 months ago.

Are you getting the same Asus logo with the hard drive in?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Shefin replied 9 months ago.

It seems that the computer is unable to detect the hard drive and unable to boot. The issue may happen because of a bad Hard drive or RAM. I would suggest you contact a nearby repair shop and check the issue. Most probably, it will be the hard drive.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am not satisfied with the answer may I get a refund? I wanted a fix but now I have to call a repair shop and spend more money. Sorry.
Expert:  Shefin replied 9 months ago.

Please contact our customer support to get a refund. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

Thank you.

S H E F I N