Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

I have a Dell Inspiron One 2305 - two days ago it was

Customer Question

I have a Dell Inspiron One 2305 - two days ago it was working fine. Today I turned it on - I heard it power up but the screen remained black. the power light stays red/amber. No sounds. Any idea what I can try? I've unplugged, rebooted, etc. Thanks.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Shefin replied 10 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Remove all external devices, CDs, all cables including power, keyboard and mouse from the CPU. Then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. After doing the same, reinsert power, monitor and keyboard cables, and turn on the computer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Unfortunately, this did not work.
Expert:  Shefin replied 10 months ago.

When you try turning it ON, do you get any response from the computer? Do you see the Power LED lit and fan blowing?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The power light stays amber/red - this is an all in one....I don't see any other lights other than the power button. The indicator on the power cord is blue - indicating that it's on. I hear the initial sound of startup, and can hear a fan on.
Expert:  Shefin replied 10 months ago.

Do you hear the Windows startup sound? Do you have an external monitor to check the display?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No Windows startup and no, I don't have an external monitor.
Expert:  Shefin replied 10 months ago.

Press and hold the power button till it gets OFF. then, wait for two minutes and try restarting the computer.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I got the same result. :(
Expert:  Shefin replied 10 months ago.

It seems like a hardware issue. However, I would suggest you check with an external display if you are able to get one.

I would suggest you contact a nearby repair shop, because the issue is with the display, or the motherboard itself. If the computer is not in warranty, please get it repaired by a local technician.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Shefin replied 10 months ago.

You are most welcome! Please be back if you have any issues.

Thank you.

S H E F I N